This is a continuously changing list of the technologies, tools and hardware I use at the moment. The list will unquestionably change over time, so I'll try to update it in here as often as I can. If you have any questions in regard to anything in this list, don't hesitate to contact me.
- Ansible is my tool of choice for deployments, configuration management and provisioning of any server I work on. I mainly use it for provisioning fresh server instances and doing small-scale deployments of docker containers and web servers. My home infrastructure is deployed with Ansible, available here.
- Docker for containerizing anything, almost anything. It's my favorite way of deploying things currently.
- borgmatic for backups, simple to use, can be provisioned with Ansible, overall solid.
- Grafana anytime I need to visualize server and application metrics.
- Prometheus for server monitoring, alerts and health checks. Very flexible, has many exporters for all kinds of data, fits perfectly with Grafana.
- Laravel is the web framework I use the most, I started using it at around the time version 5.2 came out and I never looked back.
- Vue.js when I'm building applications relying on reactivity and user interaction.
- Jigsaw for static sites, it lets me focus on my frontend and content instead of the underlying components. This website is built with it.
- Bootstrap as my starter layout skeleton or quick prototype projects. On this very website I'm using it for the grid component and a few other utilities. I've heard of other CSS frameworks like Tailwind and Bulma but I didn't get around to using those yet.
- PHPStorm for when I'm working on complex applications. It's heavy, but it does its job very well.
- Visual Studio Code for lighter projects such as creating a docker image, bash scripts or just plain text editing.
- Windows 10 as the main OS, Linux Mint 20 in a VM. I would love to fully switch to Linux but I'm held back currently by Adobe, a piece of hardware and a few games.
- Firefox with uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger and DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extensions.
- Adobe CC for design work.
- My main rig contains a Ryzen 3800X AMD CPU, nVidia GeForge RTX 3070 graphics card, 32GB of RAM, 2.5TB of SSD storage and 2TB of HDD storage. I'm quite happy with it and I don't plan on doing any upgrades anytime soon.
- A Raspberry Pi 4 4GB that's currently used to run Home Assistant and a DNS server, AdGuard Home.
- I also have a home server that I use for many things, from being a simple NAS to handling audio and video streaming, hosting my private git repository and so on. It has a Ryzen 3200G APU, 32GB of RAM, 256GB of SSD storage in Raid 1 and 10TB of HDD storage.
- Huawei Matebook D14 Laptop running Linux Mint 20 for portable development.