This is a continuously changing list of the technologies, tools and hardware I use at the moment. The list will unquestionably change over time, so I'll try to update it in here as often as I can. If you have any questions in regards to anything on this list, feel free to get in touch with me.
- Ansible is my tool of choice for deployments, configuration management and provisioning of any server I work on. My home infrastructure is deployed with Ansible, available here.
- Docker for containerizing almost anything. It's my favorite way of deploying things currently.
- borgmatic for backups, simple to use, can be provisioned with Ansible, really solid.
- Grafana anytime I need to visualize server and application metrics or even logs sometimes.
- Prometheus for exporting metrics of any kind, fits perfectly with Grafana.
- Python for cases where Bash is not enough.
.web-dev (not very active these days)
- Laravel is the web framework I use the most, I started using it at around the time version 5.2 came out and I never looked back.
- Vue.js when I'm building applications relying on reactivity and user interaction.
Jigsaw for static sites, it lets me focus on my frontend and content instead of the underlying components. This website has been built on it.
- Gridsome for static sites, moved away from Jigsaw since it's slower and not as powerful.
- Bootstrap as my starter layout skeleton or quick prototype projects. On this very website I'm using it for the grid component and a few other utilities.
- PHPStorm for when I'm working on complex applications. It's heavy, but it does its job very well.
- Visual Studio Code for lighter projects such as creating a docker image, bash scripts or just plain text editing.
- Windows 10
as the main OS,
various Linux distibutions in VMs(Moved to docker and WSL2), MacOS for work.
- Firefox main browser with uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger and DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extensions.
- Adobe CC for design work.
- My main rig contains a Ryzen 3800X AMD CPU, NVIDIA GeForge RTX 3070 graphics card, 32GB of RAM, 2.5TB of SSD storage and 2TB of HDD storage. I'm quite happy with it and I don't plan on doing any upgrades anytime soon.
- A Raspberry Pi 4 4GB that's currently used to run Home Assistant.
- An old Intel NUC with a dual-core i5-4250U CPU which acts as the reverse proxy for all my services.
- I also have a main server that I use for many things, from being a simple NAS to handling audio and video streaming, hosting my private git repository and so on. It has a Ryzen 3200G APU, 32GB of RAM, 256GB of SSD storage and 11TB of HDD storage.
- Huawei Matebook D14 Laptop running Linux Mint for portable development.
- Elgato Stream Deck for macros
- Currently, I'm using a pair of Sennheiser HD 600 headphones. No external speakers.
- ifi Zen CAN/DAC stack